Skip Navigation

Resources for Students

View Frequently Asked Questions

For Further Assistance

If you need assistance with your schedule, contact your general academic advisor for general degree requirement questions and your major/minor academic advisor for major requirement questions.  If you are an undergraduate student, click here for more information. If you are a graduate student, reach out to your graduate program advisor.

For other academic inquiries, please contact 

Contact Student Accessibility Support Center at (631) 632-6748 or email

Dining and Meal Plan
Email or call (631) 632-6517

Housing/Residential Life
Email or call (631) 632-6750. For specific questions about your Community or Residence Hall, please contact your Residence Hall Director. 

International Students
Please review the Visa and Immigration Services Covid-19 FAQ page. If you have any questions, please email . To schedule an appointment with an International Student Advisor, visit this website or call (631) 632-4685

For the latest information, check our website.

Mental Health & Wellness
CAPS offers vitally important resources, prevention, outreach, and training programs for the campus community to facilitate psychological well being, academic success and safety on campus. To speak to a mental health counselor, call CAPS at (631) 632-6720, 24/7. 

Student Health Services delivers high quality, cost-effective primary health care.  Call (631) 632-6740 to make an appointment. 

TimelyCare is our new telehealth platform that provides 24/7 virtual access to medical and mental health services right from your mobile device or computer. You can go to or download the TimelyCare app (iOS or Android) to register with your name and Stony Brook email address. You can then have visits from any web-enabled device – smartphone, laptop or desktop. TimelyCare is available from anywhere in the United States. If you’re abroad, you can use the TalkNow service for 24/7 mental health support by using a US-based phone number or VPN connection. 

If you have experienced any kind of sexual or relationship violence, including domestic violence, dating violence and stalking, you can speak to the Survivor Advocate, by calling (631) 457-9981, 24/7.

Student Health Services
Call (631) 632-6740 to make an appointment or to speak to a healthcare professional after hours (option 3). 

Parking and Transportation
Call  631-632-MAPS (6277) or email  

Student Employment
Email SBUCareerCenter@stonybrook.ed u or  

Student Health Insurance
Call (631) 632-6054 or email

Student Life
For questions about clubs and organizations, email or call (631) 632-9392.

For questions about campus recreation, intramural sports or fitness classes, email or call (631) 632-7209.

Division of Student Affairs
For other student related issues, contact or visit 


Campus Health Response Change

Stony Brook Medicine Coronavirus Page 

Student Health, Wellness & Prevention Services

From the CDC

Coronavirus Updates

Communication Resources


Parking Map