Have you heard about our
Commuter Assistant Program?
The Commuter Assistant Program pairs incoming commuter students with "seasoned" student leaders who volunteer their time to provide support, advice, and mentorship during the new students' first year.
Commuter Assistants (CAs) work hard to ensure that new commuter students adjust to life at Stony Brook University and have positive, constructive, and full college experiences.Learn More
The Office of Commuter Student Services and Off-Campus Living is committed to contributing to student learning and development, by offering support, advocacy, resources, programming, assessment and outreach aimed to create a vibrant and holistic higher-education experience for students who do not reside on-campus.
We orient commuter students to Stony Brook University and the local community, and provide them with the tools they need to be successful both on and off campus.
This is the ONLY official University website dedicated to information related to living off campus.
Calendar of Events
- 28SepReporting in Qualtrics
- 28Sep2021 Dante Series Lectures: Gems of the Divine Comedy
- 28SepZoom Faculty Fellows Lecture by Paul Firbas - "Transatlantic and Colonial Media Culture: the Lima Periodical News Sheets 1700-1711"
- 29SepOur Stories Carried Us Here - Gallery Exhibit at the Wang Center
- 29SepResearch Tips and Tools for Your UGC 101 Project