Have you heard about our
Commuter Assistant Program?
The Commuter Assistant Program pairs incoming commuter students with "seasoned" student leaders who volunteer their time to provide support, advice, and mentorship during the new students' first year.
Commuter Assistants (CAs) work hard to ensure that new commuter students adjust to life at Stony Brook University and have positive, constructive, and full college experiences.Learn More
The Office of Commuter Student Services and Off-Campus Living is committed to contributing to student learning and development, by offering support, advocacy, resources, programming, assessment and outreach aimed to create a vibrant and holistic higher-education experience for students who do not reside on-campus.
We orient commuter students to Stony Brook University and the local community, and provide them with the tools they need to be successful both on and off campus.
This is the ONLY official University website dedicated to information related to living off campus.
Calendar of Events
- 19SepPollock-Krasner House and Study Center: Guided tours & Tracing Paint in Virtual Reality
- 19SepSchool of Nursing: 50th Anniversary Seminar Series Rapid Response Team in an Academic Medical Center
- 20SepThe East Hampton Historical Farm Museum Presents: "Lee and Me" at the Farm Museum
- 21SepThe Humanities Institute Presents a Virtual Event: A Conversation with Edwidge Danticat
- 22SepCritical Recovery & Resiliency Tools Webinar Series: Seasonal Tourist Retail