Other Helpful Resources
- Business Impact Survey
- Suffolk County's Business Recovery Plan
- Information on Suffolk County's Business Recovery Unit
- Operational Restrictions/Closures for Employers
- Employer Resources
- Workforce Support Links
NY Attorney General COVID-19 Application For Suspension of Debt Collection Activity
IEDC Resources for Economic Development Planning and Recovery
Small businesses that are struggling financially as a result of the COVID-19 crisis
may be able to access low interest loans through the Small Business Administration's Disaster Loans Program.
New York Department of Financial Services, with FAQ's and information regarding Business Interruption Coverage
Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights and Employer Paid Leave Requirements
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) requires certain employers to provide employees with paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. The Department of Labor’s (Department) Wage and Hour Division (WHD) administers and enforces the new law’s paid leave requirements. These provisions will apply from the effective date through December 31, 2020.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is prepared to assist the nation in a time of crisis to the very best of its capabilities. USACE is working with the White House, Department of Defense, and other Federal, State, and Local partners in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. If you are interested in doing business with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the first step is to register within the System for Award Management (SAM).
If you are interested in providing build out or retrofit of existing facilities into Alternative Care Facilities please send your Capability Statement to COVIDContracting@usace.army.mil
Additional Links and Resources
- Case Law May Guide NY Employers On COVID-19 Bias Risks
- Worldwide government stimulus efforts to fight the COVID-19 crisis
- Yahoo. Finance Coronavirus stimulus package: Aid and stimulus guide for U.S. individuals and businesses
- Coronavirus: what you need to know (video series: topics include: Addressing Employers' Concerns About Coronavirus; What Banks and Lenders Need to Know; What Does the Families First Coronavirus Response Act Mean for Employers; The Employment View; Overview of FAQ for Employers)
- Baker Donelson CARES Act: Understanding SBA Loan Programs to Determine Eligibility and Best Fit for Your Company
- Pillsbury Law COVID-19 Relief: Understanding SBA Loan Opportunities Under the CARES Act
- Pillsbury Law COVID-19 Resource Center
- Inc.'s Essential Business Survival Guide for the Covid-19 Crisis
New York State Office of Mental Health Emotional Support Line
The Emotional Support Line provides free and confidential support, helping callers experiencing increased anxiety due to the coronavirus emergency. The Help Line is staffed by volunteers, including mental health professionals, who have received training in crisis counseling. For FREE emotional support, consultation, and referral to a provider, call 1-844-863-9314.
Stony Brook University Hospital "Coronavirus Crisis Challenge" fundraisingwith $750,000 matching funds from the Della Pietra Family and the Clarkson and Heintzelman Family.
If you are concerned about CO19 and would like to take an online assessment.