Welcome to the College of Business
The Office of Student Services (OSS) in the College of Business at Stony Brook University provides major and minor advising to approximately 1,500 undergraduate students. Students seek advisement for major/minor degree requirements, semester scheduling, transfer evaluations, and degree clearances.
We recommend that when business majors, accounting minors, and real estate & insurance minors need help with semester scheduling, they should first meet with a CoB advisor for core course requirements and then see an Academic Advisor in Academic and Transfer Advising Services to discuss general SBC requirements.
Students who wish to see a CoB Advisor for help with semester scheduling should do so in plenty of time (i.e., about 1-2 months) before an upcoming registration period. This is particularly important for students in the first or second semester of their Senior Year. It is not unusual for Business majors to see an Advisor every semester, especially after their Sophomore Year.
HAVE YOUR SCHEDULE CHECKED BY A COB ADVISOR HERE
MAKE A COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADVISING APPOINTMENT HERE
Sign up for a CoB Group Advising Session:
Join our CoB undergraduate advisor in-person for a group advising session to prepare you to register for Summer/Fall 2023 courses!
Bring your laptop along so you can add all of your Summer/Fall 2023 courses to your shopping cart in SOLAR to make registration on your priority date a breeze!
All group advising sessions will take place in Harriman 206. Registration is required.
- Accounting Specialization & Minor Students - Monday, March 20th, 1-2pm REGISTER
- Finance Specialization Students - Wednesday, March 22nd,1-2pm REGISTER
- Operations Management Specialization Students - Monday, March 27th,1-2pm REGISTER
- Marketing Specialization Students - Wednesday, March 29th,1-2pm REGISTER
- Undeclared Specialization Students -Monday, April 3th,1-2pm REGISTER
- Real Estate & Insurance Minor Students -Wednesday, April 5th,1-2pm REGISTER
Phone: (631) 632-7171