College of Business MS in Accounting:
Program Goals and Learning Objectives
GOAL: Students will develop a deep understanding of accounting principles, theories, concepts, and applications.
- Objective: Apply accounting rules, standards, and laws to solve accounting problems.
GOAL: Students will communicate accounting information.
- Objective: Defend accounting decisions using appropriate terminology.
- Objective: Demonstrate ability to communicate accounting information in writing.
GOAL: Students will be able to apply accounting knowledge to analyze and solve accounting problems.
- Objective: Think critically to solve complex accounting problems.
PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ETHICS
GOAL: Students will evaluate and resolve ethical accounting issues and will demonstrate knowledge of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Objective: Apply professional accounting regulations and codes of conduct to resolve ethical accounting dilemmas.
- Objective: Articulate the responsibilities of the AICPA Code of Professional conduct.