Real Estate Institute Scholarships
(two will be offered)
Academic Year 2022/23
Scholarship Amount: $7,500 each
Established through the generosity of the Real Estate Institute (REI), these scholarships are intended to support and encourage students in the College of Business to pursue a career in the real estate industry. REI serves as a resource for professional career development through symposia, white papers, networking events, coursework and social media. As part of their partnership with the College of Business, REI provides networking opportunities, scholarships, internships and other learning opportunities.
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in the College of Business.
- Demonstrate good academic achievement (GPA of 2.0 or higher).
- Preference given to students who demonstrate financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.
- Additional preference given to students who graduated from a New York State high school or are residents of New York State.
- Special consideration is given to students who demonstrate an interest in, experience with or commitment to pursuing a career in the real estate industry as a part of their application process. Examples of demonstrated interest or experience may include, but are not limited to a student’s coursework, research activities, internships, or participation in other university programs. Demonstrated commitments may include, but are not limited to a student’s involvement in community activities, student organizations, social groups, volunteering efforts or other civic engagements that support this focus.
Interested candidates should use the link below to apply. You will need to answer the following questions:
- Have you participated in any extracurricular or educational opportunities related to the study of real estate? If so, please describe how you have been involved in these activities and how they have contributed to your interest in the field of real estate. Examples may include: research, internships, volunteering, professional development, study groups, student organizations, etc. (Short answer, approximately 250 words)
- How will this scholarship will assist you in pursuing a career in the field of real estate? (Short answer, approximately 250 words)
- Please share any additional thoughts you have for the scholarship committee as to why you are the best applicant for this scholarship. (Short answer, approximately 250 words)
- You will also need to upload a PDF of your resume.
Application Deadline is October 7, 2022.