THE GRADUATE PROGRAM IN HISTORY
Our graduate program is composed of " themes" and " fields." They are designed to be elastic and permeable: they interconnect and flow into each other. Students who come to Stony Brook to study history are encouraged to cross boundaries and create connections.
• Global connections, empire, capitalism
• Health, science, environment
• Race, citizenship, migration
• Religion, gender, cultural identity
• States, nations, political cultures
• African history
• Atlantic history
• East Asian history
• Environmental history
• European history
• Latin American history
• South Asian history
• Transnational history
• U.S. history
Our program has both an M.A. track and a Ph.D. track. Read some testimonials from some of our current and former students.
If you have any questions, by all means ask!
— Paul Gootenberg, Chair