March 22, 2020 COVID-19 Supervisor Update
As President Bernstein's email last night advised, we are starting to see cases of confirmed COVID-19 on campus.
Please advise your employees that when we receive this information the details are communicated to the appropriate NYS Department of Health and the local health department with jurisdiction over this work location.
Based on information provided to us by the affected employee, and in order to keep the relevant employees informed, HRS will notify by email both the Supervisor of the employee and those with whom they have been in contact. We will also notify the Facilities division for the necessary cleaning protocol.
Anyone with symptoms associated with COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, or respiratory infection/distress), should immediately contact their healthcare provider for further guidance and the Campus COVID-19 Telephone Information Line at (631) 632-5000
To stay up to date on the response to the latest information please continue to follow at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/ and https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/
Human Resource Services is committed to supporting the University's mission of providing excellence in teaching, research, health care and economic development.
We provide HR services to West Campus, Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, Stony Brook Manhattan and Stony Brook Southampton, and payroll services to all State and Research Foundation employees and students.
The specialized areas in HRS work as teams to:
- Build collaborative partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development, implementation and administration of policies and procedures.
- Offer consultative services on all HR/Payroll related issues.
- Assist departments and individual employees in meeting their respective functional responsibilities.
- Contribute and support the University's diversity initiatives.
- Offer advanced technology applications.
We continually assess our HR and Payroll programs and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our many customers, while complying with Federal and State laws, regulatory agency policies and collective bargaining agreements.