Welcome to Stony Brook University's College of Business. Congratulations on your decision to pursue your MBA degree at Stony Brook!
Please complete this form to let us know you are coming: Orientation RSVP.
- Where do I park?
- How do I get my ID card? (you might want to plan to do this before orientation)
- Where can I buy books?
- When and how do I register for classes?
- Where can I find information on important dates and deadlines?
- Brush up on basic algebra and statistics
- Review citation formats
- Practice entering data, formulas and creating graphs in Excel
- Update your resume to reflect graduate education in progress
- Visit the Career Center website (career.stonybrook.edu) and set up an account on Handshake
- Like the College of Business on Facebook (facebook.com/sbucob) so you can stay up to date on news and events.
Once you are processed for enrollment by the Graduate School and you have a NetID and password you will have a multitude of resources available to you:
Google Apps for Education is the primary email system for everyone at Stony Brook University except Hospital employees and members of the School of Medicine and School of Dental Medicine. Stony Brook's Google Apps suite of products includes Mail, Calendar, Drive, Contacts, Sites, Groups, Hangouts and a host of other applications to enhance communication and real-time collaboration across campus.
Microsoft office is available to matriculated students at NO COST: https://it.stonybrook.edu/software/title/microsoft-office
Virtual SINC site & Software Programs
Virtual SINC site allows you to access site-licensed academic software titles from your personal computer on or off campus. https://it.stonybrook.edu/services/virtual-sinc-site
Software programs are available at no cost or a reduced cost for matriculated students.
As an SBU student you will have full access to the University library which includes digital resources. They also offer a variety of workshops for students.
We encourage you to visit the Career Center as early in your graduate career as possible. You can get signed up for Handshake, Campus Tap, and learn about all of the great resources offered by our award-winner Career Center staff.
We look forward to seeing you on January 18! If you have any questions about the orientation program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 631-632-7476.