Conference Assistant and Summer Housing Assistant
We need and value staff who are able to:
- Communicate and share information effectively with guests, coworkers, and other constituents.
- Work effectively on a team by providing support, being flexible as issues and situations arise, and are reliable.
- Handle stress, ask relevant questions, and solve problems.
Be the university's forefront in customer service for its residence hall community by:
- Coordinating the guest check-in and check-out process
- Assisting guests with housing concerns
- Providing information about the university and surrounding communities
- Ensuring safety and security for guests
- Assisting with linens and room set-ups for our adult conferences with our Adult CA positions
- Being an ambassador for the university
- Providing after hours responses for guests needs and emergencies
Any Stony Brook student in good judicial standing, a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 at time of application, and enrolled in Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 classes by start of job.
Mandatory Information Sessions
Students applying to be a Conference Assistant or Summer Housing Assistant are required to attend an information session in order to gain a thorough understanding of the application and selection process, and responsibilities.
Feb 3 | 6-7pm LDS Center
Feb 6 | 7-8pm Tabler Black Box
Feb 11 | 7:30-8:30pm Tabler Black Box
Feb 13 | 7-8 LDS Center