Conference Assistant and Summer Housing Assistant
We need and value staff who are able to:
- Communicate and share information effectively with guests, coworkers, and other constituents.
- Work effectively on a team by providing support, being flexible as issues and situations arise, and are reliable.
- Handle stress, ask relevant questions, and solve problems.
Be the university's forefront in customer service for its residence hall community by:
- Coordinating the guest check-in and check-out process
- Assisting guests with housing concerns
- Providing information about the university and surrounding communities
- Ensuring safety and security for guests
- Assisting with linens and room set-ups for our adult conferences with our Adult CA positions
- Being an ambassador for the university
- Providing after hours responses for guests needs and emergencies
Any Stony Brook student in good judicial standing, a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 at time of application, and enrolled in Summer 2022 or Fall 2022 classes by start of job.
Mandatory Information Sessions
Students applying to be a 2022 Conference Assistant or Summer Housing Assistant are required to attend an information session in order to gain a thorough understanding of the application and selection process, and responsibilities. Info session attendees will receive access to the CA/SHA application.
|Tuesday, 2/15/22 at 6 PM||CA/SHA Info Session #1||https://stonybrook.zoom.us/j/96510666730?pwd=UDNwaEtMbkJ0d1o1QWl1ZDBoZlgwZz09|
|Thursday, 2/17/22 at 7 PM||CA/SHA Info Session #2||https://stonybrook.zoom.us/j/93558093443?pwd=UG40enVCNS9jMEl3MlZNY25iaGlTUT09|
|Monday, 2/21/22 at 6 PM||CA/SHA Info Session #3||https://stonybrook.zoom.us/j/99638840534?pwd=bUJRTmhGQ0o4Qi9iSUN1TjVKNEtwZz09|
|Friday, 2/25/22 at 2 PM||CA/SHA Info Session #4||https://stonybrook.zoom.us/j/93476371129?pwd=NVp0NlpJeGdzQ2JZc3RkZUQ2Ri9jQT09|