Welcome to Conference Housing at Stony Brook University. Housing accommodations are available on campus for adult, college aged, and youth conference groups. Residence halls are conveniently located on the Main West Campus with access to dining halls and other on campus facilities, adult accommodations are also available on the Southampton Campus. Housing is available from after Memorial Day weekend through the first week of August.
For a map of main campus click here
- Buildings in use this summer will be posted in early 2020
For a map of Southampton campus click here
- Guests will stay in Mattituck or Shelter Island (numbers 32 and 31 respectively on the map)
All guests on both Stony Brook main Campus and Southampton campus are expected to follow the Stony Brook University Terms of Occupancy and Code of Student Responsibility . Failure to do so can result in removal from Conference Housing without a refund.
Prohibited Items in Residence Halls
The following items are not allowed in university residence halls due to the NYS Fire Code or the Terms of Occupancy:
- "Cut to fit" Decorative string lights
- Appliances not approved to your building and area (microwaves, toasters, rice cookers, hot plates, grills, crock pots, etc.)*
- Non-Surge Protected Extension Cords, Outlet Splitters & Adapters
- Bed Raisers
- Foam / Gel Mattress Toppers
- Air Conditioning Units & Space Heaters
- Coffee Makers & Water Boilers with warming plates
- Hoverboards, Electric Skateboard, Electric Scooters, & other Electric or Motorized Transportation Devices
- Plug-in Air Fresheners
- E-Cigarettes / Vapes / Tobacco
- Irons without auto shut off
- Non-Approved Personal Furniture
- Wall Decorations that cover more than 10% of the wall space
*For further details and exceptions see the full Terms of Occupancy or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for not bringing these items into our residence halls.
Lost Key and Lenel Access Card Policy
All guests, unless otherwise arranged with program coordinators, staying in conference housing will be issued a key Adult and college aged guests will be issued a lenel access card. Both the key and lenel access card must be returned before departure. If the key and/or lenel access card are not returned and the guest does not contact the conference housing office within 12 hours of departure it will be assumed that the key and/or lenel access card is lost. Costs for a lost key range between $80 and $175 depending on the type of room the guest stayed in, a lost lenel access card will cost $25 per card.
Billing and Refunds
All billing is done on a seven-day cycle including weekends. Bookings must be made from start date to end date of the conference. There are no exceptions. Conference Housing does not provide family housing for couples.
Guests who wish to cancel their reservation must do so no later than two weeks prior to their arrival date to be eligible for a refund. Once a guest has checked in and received their key if they choose to check out early they are no longer eligible for a refund. Any guest requesting a refund less than two weeks prior to their arrival date or after checking in and receiving a key must submit an appeal in writing for a refund.
Dining and Meal Plan
All meal plan and dining questions should be directed to the Faculty Student Association. For more information visit the FSA website or call 631-632-6517.
For additional questions or information please contact email@example.com or call 631-632-1773.