Corridor, Suite, & Apartment Living Communities
Students have the option to choose to live in two types of living communities, corridor
or suite style. These options depends on the quad you choose and the rooms available.
Corridor Style includes:
Roosevelt Quads. Suite Style includes:
Tabler Quads. Apartment Style housing includes:
- Usually house between four to six residents.
- Shared bathroom for the suite and are cleaned weekly.
- Rooms are furnished with two beds, dressers, desks, and closets. Rooms are generally
150 square feet in size.
- Each suite has a private living room area that contains two sofas and a table.
General suite layout can be found here.
- Typically houses graduate and undergraduate upperclassmen students (2.75 GPA requirement
for undergraduate students @ West Apartments).
- Features single and double rooms in an apartment style setting.
- Offer all year-round housing.
- Chapin & Schomburg Apartments are designed to house families.
- Shared bathroom for the apartment and are cleaned weekly.
- Each apartment has a private living room & kitchen area
Substance Free Housing Communities
These communities provide students with a living option free of tobacco products,
alcoholic beverages, and other drugs. There are substance free communities available in
every quad on campus. Residents who fail to comply with the expectations of a Substance
Free community will receive a judicial referral and may be administratively reassigned
to a space in another residential community upon the first violation. Substance Free
- Dreiser College
- Gray College
- Mount College
- Langmuir College
- Keller College
- Lauterbur Hall
- Yang Hall
- Eisenhower College
Quiet Living Communities
Our Quiet Living Communities maintain a policy of quiet hours at all times. Students
who live in these buildings are expected to follow this policy and respect their fellow
residents if request noise to be reduced.
It is understood that everyday noises (i.e. doors opening, conversations in the hall
and behind doors) may exist and are not considered unreasonable. It is expected that
residents are their guests are courteous of others at all times. These are not completely
silent buildings. Residents who fail to comply with the expectations of a Quiet Living
Community may receive a judicial referral or be administratively reassigned to a space
in another residential community. Warnings may be given in verbal or written form.
Quiet Living Communities Include:
- Dreiser College
- Gershwin College
- James College
- Ammann College
- Schick College
- Stimson College
- West Apartment B, H, and I
Gender Inclusive Housing
Gender Inclusive Housing (GIH) is a housing option in which two or more students share
a bedroom, suite and/or apartment regardless of the students' sex, gender identity
or gender expression. In other words, this option allows for students of any gender
identity to live together regardless of sex assigned at birth.
Gender Inclusive Housing is not recommended or intended for: living with significant
others, only specific people, and/or to get to a specific location within housing.
Choosing to live in GIH is an agreement for the whole year, and you will not be permitted
to room change to a non-GIH space after being approved.
Similarly if you do not choose to live in GIH for the upcoming year, you will only
be able to choose rooms based on the gender identity listed on your student record.
Appeals to leave or join GIH mid-year can be made to the Associate Director of Residential
Programs for Administration and Services or designee.
If you are interested, you will need to review and agree to all items below in your
housing application before being approved for Gender Inclusive Housing.
- I understand choosing to live in Gender Inclusive Housing means I will have roommates
and/or suitemates of any gender identities.
- I understand that the only options I will have access to are gender inclusive spaces
and that I am committed to living in GIH for the academic year.
- I understand that only people who have been approved for the Gender Inclusive Housing
environment will be allowed to move into my space.
- I understand that if I live in GIH with the plan to live with a specific person, and
that person leaves the space, that the room will be filled by only individuals who
are GIH approved.
- I affirm and feel comfortable living with LGBTQ* people, specifically trans and non-binary
- I understand my role in creating and affirming a bias free environment for everyone
living in this community.
For more information, please contact:
at (631) 632 - 6750 or at
at (631) 632 - 2941 or at