Summer 2023 Housing
Application Available: April 3, 10:00am
Summer Session 1 Arrival Priority Application Deadline: May 1, 9:59pm
Summer Session 2 Arrival Priority Application Deadline: June 26, 9:59pm
Final application deadline: July 11, 5pm
Jump to 16-17 Year Old Summer Student Housing Information
Students who complete the full application by the deadline will be eligible for summer housing as long as they meet one of the following criteria:
- They are a current spring resident or fall resident registered for summer or fall classes. Classes are not required to be in person.
- They are a student without housing affiliation enrolled in summer classes that require an in-person presence.
- They are a spring semester graduate in need of summer housing.
Students who do not meet one of the above criteria will not be eligible for summer housing. Graduate and Family members who signed up for 2023-2024 12-month housing agreements should not apply to this application since summer is already included in their new agreement. Newly admitted graduate students should not apply to the Summer Housing application as you will need to complete the New Student Housing application. To apply for summer housing and be assigned a space, a student must have no current financial holds on their student account.
Summer Global Studies and Summer Oceanography participants do not need to complete a housing application. EOP/AIM Pre-Freshman Summer Academy participants also do not need to submit a summer housing application. EOP pre-freshmen summer academy housing is arranged through the EOP office.
How to Apply
The Summer Housing Application will go live on the Housing Portal on April 3. The priority deadline for a session 1 arrival is May 1, 9:59 pm, and for session
2, arrival is June 26, 9:59 pm. After the priority deadline, we will house students
on a space-available basis but cannot guarantee housing or the desired arrival date.
Applicants who do not submit a completed application by the final deadline of July
11 at 5 pm will not be given a summer housing assignment.
Locations and Rates
Summer housing is located in West Apartments and Southampton Campus. Only students with an academic reason to be at Stony Brook Southampton will be housed at that location.
Please note that these communities are open all year round, and your apartment may have already been occupied. Our priority is to ensure your bedroom space is ready for your arrival upon move-in. Please bear with us as our staff may need to return to apartments to address any room readiness issues in common areas. For any urgent matters upon arrival, contact your office or building staff, who will do their best to address your concerns.
- Single room $61.50 per night | $6,211.50 full summer term*
- Double room $56 per night | $5,656 full summer term*
Stony Brook Southampton Campus (Only for students required to be at Southampton for their academic program)
- Single room: $64 per night | $6,464 full summer term*
- Double room: $56 per night | $5,656 full summer term*
*Full Summer Term Rates are based on the maximum days any individual could stay 5/17-8/26 if you have spring and fall housing.
Applicants will be asked to give a preference for a single or double room. Double rooms are extremely limited and not guaranteed. Applicants will be placed in a single room if a double room is not available.
Students housed for summer housing will be billed at the published summer rate for the space they are assigned to from their date of arrival and for the remaining duration of summer housing. Students without fall reservation billing will end on August 18. Students with a fall reservation billing will end on August 26. Bills will be posted to one's student accounts in mid-May.
Summer Assignments & Move In
- Students will select which term session they need summer housing for:
- Summer Session 1 (Classes start May 22)
- Spring on campus residents will be given a move date between May 20 - May 22
- Spring off campus residents will move in on May 21 or May 22
- HSC accelerated BSN students (Classes start June 5)
- Arrival June 4 or June 5
- Summer Session 2 Extended (Classes start June 20)
- Arrival June 19 or June 20
- Summer Session 2 (Classes start July 10)
- Arrival July 9 or 10
- Summer Session 1 (Classes start May 22)
- Summer housing assignments and additional check-in instructions will be emailed to you approximately one week prior to your scheduled arrival.
- We cannot guarantee a specific room assignment.
- Students without fall housing agreements will mostly be housed in West B, F, and G.
- Students with fall housing agreements will mostly be housed in West C, E, I, and J.
- Students cannot choose a preference for roommates in summer placements as all placements have to be made administratively quickly between the application deadline and arrival date and needs to factor in room availability, readiness, and academic year assignments.
- For West Apartments: summer room change requests will be reviewed for approval based
on space availability. Requests can be made through the Schomburg West Area Office
during the following date ranges:
- June 1 - June 22 by noon
- July 13 - July 20 by noon
Summer Move Out and Financial Liability
Students in summer housing who check out before their originally requested summer check-out date will be prorated the daily housing rate through their actual check-out date (removal of items from the room and surrender of keys to the Area Office). Once a student checks out of summer housing, that decision is final, and the student cannot return to a space in summer housing.
- Residents who move out by July 4 at Noon at the end of Summer Session 1 will be credited the unused days of the summer housing bill.
- Residents who move out by July 19 at Noon at the end of Summer Session 1 Extended will be credited the unused days of the summer housing bill. Anyone still in room at this deadline will be financially liable for the remainder of the summer.
- Any resident without a Fall 2023 housing assignment must check out by August 18. On that date, you will have to complete a full check-out by 4:00 pm. If you choose to check out earlier than August 18, you will receive a credit for the unused remaining days of your summer housing agreement.
- Any resident with a Fall 2023 housing assignment staying beyond July 19 at noon will
be liable through August 26.
- Residents with fall assignments in a location besides West Apartments will pick up the key to their fall assignment on Sunday, August 13, between 10 am-1:00 pm and complete a check-out of West Apartments by August 14 by 4 pm.
- Residents with fall West Apartments assignments that are different than their summer assignments will move sometime between August 13 and August 16 once the area office confirms your fall assignment is ready.
16-17 Year Old Summer Student Housing
For summer students who are older than 16 and younger than 18 as of June 20, 2023.
3 Items to complete in order to be booked in Summer Student Housing for 16 and 17 year olds.
1) Download and complete the "On-Campus Housing Acknowledgment for Summer Students 16-17 Years Old" form with your legal guardians. You will upload the completed form on a page of the application.
2) Complete an online module with your legal guardians prior to arrival, which will overview what our summer housing for 16 and 17 year olds offers and does not offer (details will be provided in the future).
3) Complete the full application in the housing portal until you receive a confirmation of application submitted email.
All three of the above items must be completed at least 7 days prior to your scheduled arrival in order for us to house you this summer.
Eligibility for Summer Housing
- A student enrolled in summer classes that require an in-person presence.
- Maximum length of stay is June 25 - August 18
- COVID-19 vaccine is required at least 14 days prior to move-in.
Summer Room Assignment Locations and Rates
Summer housing for 16 and 17 year olds is in Cardozo Hall in Roth Community. This is a suite style housing option with air conditioning.
- Double room $50.75/per night
- Meal Plan $600 dining dollars for the length of stay
- Student Health Fee $61.50 for the length of stay
Additional charges may be assessed that apply to all summer students from other university departments as well as any charges for damages and lost keys.
All charges are placed on your student SOLAR account. Students must pay by all deadlines for billing posted by the Office of Student Financial Services.
You are permitted to arrive one day before your program starts and move out the day after your program ends.
Summer Move Out and Financial Liability
Once a resident checks in for summer housing, they become financially liable for summer.
If you need to cancel your application and booking prior to arriving, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, ID number and that you are requesting to cancel your summer housing application.