Summer 2021 Housing
Students who complete the full application by the deadline will be eligible for summer housing as long as they meet one of the following criteria:
- They are a current spring resident or fall resident registered for summer or fall classes. Classes are not required to be in person.
- They are a student without housing affiliation enrolled in summer classes that require an in-person presence.
- They are a spring semester graduate in need of summer housing.
Students who do not meet one of the above criteria will not be eligible for summer
housing. Graduate and Family members who signed up for 2021-2022 12-month housing
agreements should not apply to this application since summer is already included in
their new agreement. Newly admitted graduate students should not apply to the Summer
Housing application as you will need to complete the New Student Housing application.
How to Apply
The Summer Housing Application will go live on the Housing Portal on April 9. The
deadline for the application will be May 2 at 11:59 PM. All housing applications
for Summer Sessions 1 and 2 must be submitted by the deadline for consideration. Applicants
who did not submit a completed application by the deadline will not be given a summer
Locations and Rates
Summer housing is located in West Apartments and Southampton Campus . Only students who have reason to be at Stony Brook Southampton will be housed at that location.
- Single room $57.25 per night | $5,381.50 full summer term*
- Double room $49.25 per night | $4,629.50 full summer term*
Stony Brook Southampton Campus ( Only for students required to be at SBSH for their academic program.)
- Single room: $59.75 per night | $5,616.50 full summer term*
- Double room: $52.25 per night | $4,911.50 full summer term*
* Full Summer Term Rates are based on the maximum days any individual could stay 5/19-8/21 if they have spring and fall housing.
Applicants will be asked to give a preference for a single or double room. Double rooms are extremely limited and not guaranteed. Applicants will be placed in a single room if a double room is not available.
Students housed for summer housing will be billed at the published summer rate for the space they are assigned to for the entire duration of summer housing. Students without fall reservation billing will end on August 13. Students with a fall reservation billing will end on August 21. Bills will be posted to students accounts in mid-May.
For those arriving from destinations requiring a precautionary quarantine based on New York State guidance, the precautionary quarantine has to take place prior to your check-in at an off campus location.
Summer Assignments & Move In
Students will select which term session they need summer housing for:
Summer Session 1 (Classes start May 24)
- Spring on campus residents will be given a move date between May 19 - May 24
- Spring off campus residents will move in on May 23 or May 24
Summer Session 2 Extended (Class start June 21)
- June 18 or June 21
Summer Session 2 (Classes start July 5)
- July 2 or 5
- Summer Session 1 (Classes start May 24)
- Summer housing assignments and additional check-in instructions will be emailed to you approximately one week prior to your scheduled arrival.
- We cannot guarantee a specific room assignment. All assignments will be made with fall housing locations in mind.
- For West Apartments: summer room change requests will be reviewed for approval based
on space availability. Requests can be made through the Schomburg West Area Office
during the following date ranges:
- June 1 - June 25 by noon
- July 8 - July 23 by noon
Summer Move Out and Financial Liability
Once a resident checks in for summer housing, they become financially liable for summer.
- Residents who move out by July 3 at Noon at the end of Summer Session 1 will be credited the unused days of the summer housing bill.
- Residents who move out by July 17 at Noon at the end of Summer Session 1 Extended will be credited the unused days of the summer housing bill. Anyone still in room at this deadline will be financially liable for the remainder of summer.
- Any resident without a Fall 2021 housing assignment must check out by August, 13, 2021. On that date, you will have to complete a full check-out by 4:00pm.
- Any resident with a Fall 2021 housing assignment staying beyond July 17 at noon will be liable through August 21, 2021. Residents will move to their fall assignment location on August 10 or 11 and must check out from their summer space by August 12 at Noon.