Returning Student Room Selection | 2022-2023 General Information
Prior to depositing and starting the application process, please make sure you have read the
Eligibility to Participate
- Students who are eligible to participate are sent a notice on February 14, 2022. See
the section below of "Not Eligible & Need Housing" if you did not receive this notice.
- Any student not sent this notice is not eligible to participate or be pulled into any part of room selection.
- University account in good financial standing.
- Eligible undergraduate students who pay a $200 housing deposit paid by March 2 at 5PM.
- If you miss any deadlines for deposits, applications, or selections, you will not have on-campus housing for 2022-2023.
Important Undergraduate Agreement Updates
- Ammann and Gray will remain offline until repair work is completed.
- The 3rd floor of West B will remain offline for the upcoming semester. The 1st and 2nd Floors of West B will be available for selection.
- West D is only available for the Fall 2022 semester. West D will be offline for a renovation project for Spring 2023. Students who select West D for Fall 2022 may leave at the conclusion of the Fall 2022 semester without incurring Spring 2023 financial liability.
- West A, J, and K will be summer housing buildings. If you are a student who is planning to live on-campus for the summer and wish to live in West Apartments for the next academic year, you are encouraged to select a space in West A, J, or K as it will hopefully limit the number of moves you need to complete.
- West E & G will not be available for Fall 2022 early access requests. If you are participating in a program or organization that requires you to move in early, you should select a different building within the West Apartments.
- Second Year Living Community Applicants will be able to select in Lauterbur Hall during the normal selection window. In previous years there was an early selection window but we are providing 2YLC applicants the option to select Lauterbur or another option at their normal selection time.
Important Graduate and Family Agreement Updates
- Graduate Agreement applicants are not required to pay a deposit, but are subject to
a termination fee if they finish the process and then cancel.
- 12-month agreement cancellation requests received on or prior to May 31 will result in a $100 termination fee. If occupying a space on campus in the prior year agreement, you must be moved out by May 31 at noon in order to not be financially liable for this agreement period.
- 10-month agreement cancellation requests received on or prior to July 31 will result in a $100 termination fee. After July 31 and prior to the Saturday before the first day of classes, a $200 termination fee will apply.
- Graduate students have a choice between 10-month and 12-month agreements.
- 10-moth agreements are from August 1st to May 31st.
- 12-month agreements are from June 1st to May 31st.
- Graduate students must choose either a 10-month or 12-month agreement by March 3rd, 2022, at 5 PM. After this deadline, the agreement choice cannot be changed.
- Students who select a 12-month housing agreement, and wish to return to their same bedspace, may complete their bedspace renewal during Phase 1 of room selection if the space is available for the next academic year. Students who complete their renewal during Phase 1 will not be able to participate in Phase 2 of room selection.
- If a graduate students needs only short term summer housing, they can apply for summer housing in West Apartments when that application is available in April and May.
- Graduate housing will be in Schomburg and Chapin with limited apartments in West I.
- Chapin I & Chapin F will be unavailable for selection as they will be part of a scheduled renovation project during the next academic year.
2022-2023 Returning Student Housing Application Important Dates
Phase 1: Housing Application
February 13, 2022: Returning Undergraduate Students can start paying the $200 housing deposit in SOLAR.
February 14, 2022: Phase 1 of the housing application becomes available in the housing portal. Gender Inclusive Housing application becomes available in the housing portal. 6/8 Semester Housing Appeal becomes available in the housing portal
March 2, 2022 at 5PM: Last day to pay a Housing Deposit in SOLAR for returning undergraduate students.
March 3, 2022 at 5PM: Phase 1 of Housing Application must be completed to be eligible for Phase 2. Gender Inclusive Housing Sign-Up Deadline. Deadline to submit a 6/8 Semester Appeal.
Only those who complete their initial part of your application by March 3, 2022 at 5PM will be able to participate in selection weeks. Anyone who misses the deadline and still needs housing will need to add themselves to the "Housing Waitlist" in the housing portal.
Undergraduate-Phase 2: Room Selection
March 22, 2022 - March 25, 2022: Return to Same Community Week
- As a group of community members: Residents can select a space in their current community with a group of students who presently live in that community.
- As an individual: Residents can select a space in their current community as an individual.
- With a person from outside the community: Residents may select a space in their current community with one eligible resident who does not reside in their current residential community. (Example: Kelly current resident who wants to return to Kelly, can pull one Mendelsohn resident into a Kelly space with them.)
March 29, 2022 - April 1, 2022: Choose Anywhere Week. Residents may choose a space as part of a room selection or as an individual anywhere on-campus they meet the eligibility requirements for.
A room must be selected by April 1, 2022 at 2PM in order to have housing. Anyone who misses the deadline and still needs housing will need to add themselves to the "Housing Waitlist" in housing portal.
Graduate & Family-Phase 2: Room Selection
March 22, 2022 - March 25, 2022: 12-Month Agreement Selection.
12-Month Graduate Students who were unable to, or choose not to, return to their current bedspace complete selection. Graduate Students who selected a 12-month housing agreement must complete their selection by 2PM on March 25, 2022, to have on-campus housing for the 2022-2023 academic year. Any student who selected a 12-month agreement misses the deadline and still needs housing will need to add themselves to the "Housing Waitlist" in the housing portal.
March 29, 2022 - April 1, 2022: 10-Month Agreement Selection.
Graduate students who selected a 10-month agreement will be able to select a space in one of the graduate areas during this week. Graduate Students who selected a 10-month housing agreement must complete their selection by 2PM on April 1, 2022, to have on-campus housing for the 2022-2023 academic year. Any student who selected a 10-month agreement and misses the deadline and still needs housing will need to add themselves to the "Housing Waitlist" in the housing portal.
*Important Notes about Phase 2 Selections: Tuesday-Thursday selections can be made after your start time and before 9:30PM. Friday selections can be made 11AM-2PM.
Continuing Student Room Selection 2022-2023 FAQs