Spring 2022 New Student Housing Application Information
Students who do not complete the process by this deadline will not have on-campus housing.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 2, 5 PM - PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE
THURSDAY, JANUARY 20, 5PM - APPLICATION DEADLINE
Is there a housing deposit?
There is a $200 housing deposit that students pay in SOLAR. Students participating in EOP do not need to pay a housing deposit.
Deposits must be made no later than January 19 at 5pm.
If you cancel by January 15 and have not moved into your space yet, we will credit $100 of your $200 deposit back to your student account.
What will the application consist of?
- Agreeing to the 2021-2022 Terms of Occupancy and the Additional Addendums related to COVID-19
- Meal Plan Information and Meal Plan Selection
- Move-In Date Selection
- General Information Collection
When will I apply?
The application will be accessible in the housing portal starting November 15.* The priority deadline for the first part of your application is January 2, 2022.
* Starting Monday, November 8 at 9am you will see an offline message in our housing portal while we migrate to a new environment for our database. This should take approximately one week for the data to migrate and have our system running again. If there are components delayed with our software providers implementation this may go into the week of November 15. This will not impact your application or housing as our priority deadline is not until January 2. All applications will be offline during this time frame including our End of Semester and Winter Intent, Waitlists, and our Spring New Student Application.
How do I apply?
Housing applications and many other transactions are completed via our Housing Portal. When the application goes live in November, you will need to submit your application on the New Student tab in the housing portal. Visit https://housing.stonybrook.edu/ . The housing portal makes use of NetID and Password for the university through the CAS SSO Provider blue-button login.
Setting up Net ID and Duo Security Two-Step Login
To better protect your personal information and the University, a NetID and Duo Security two-step login is required to access all Single Sign-On protected applications. which includes widely used services such as Email, Zoom and StarRez . If you have not completed the setup of your NetID and Duo, please do so prior to trying to use StarRez.
- Once you are notified via email your NetID has been issued, start by creating your secure NetID password/passphrase in our password reset tool. Visit it.stonybrook.edu/services/netid to learn how.
- You will also need to register at least one device with Duo two-step login when you login with your NetID for the first time or by following the Duo registration email instructions.
- Be sure to review the Frequently Asked Questions on our Duo service page
- After registering with Duo, log into and familiarize yourself with the Stony Brook Duo Self Service Portal
- Ensure that your favorite device (like your cell phone or tablet) is the default device
If possible, add a second device, such as a tablet or home phone, should your default device be unavailable. Logging into the Duo Portal to Add or Remove Devices