Skip Navigation

How to Book a Conference

Conference Clients interested in planning a meeting, retreat or special event requiring housing may be eligible for conference housing on West Campus or Southampton Campus.

Available Housing

Conference Housing offers housing accommodations as detailed below. Linen packages are included automatically with adult housing and can be added to college aged or youth housing for an additional fee. Accommodations / apartments for families are not available.

All conference participants are expected to adhere to the Stony Brook University Terms of Occupancy and Code of Student Responsibility. Failure to do so can result in removal from Conference Housing without a refund.


West Campus

Main/West Campus Map

Adult Housing: Suite style, air-conditioned rooms housing 4-5 individuals in single occupancy bedrooms based on location. Suites include a bathroom in the unit. Linens are included in the rate. 

Adult Housing Options

Youth Housing: Suite style housing  4-6 individuals in mostly double occupancy bedrooms. Roth buildings do have air conditioning. Suites are seperated by gener. Linens are included in the rate. The group must have chaperones who are at least 18 years old and two years older than the general participants' age. Chaperones are responsible for addressing participants' needs, engagements, and concerns. Group coordinators must ensure that all SUNY and SBU policies regarding child safety are managed.

Youth Housing Options


Southampton Campus

Southampton Campus Map

Adult Housing: Suite style, air-conditioned rooms housing 5-9 individuals in double or single occupancy bedrooms. Suites include a bathroom in the unit. Linens are included in the rate. For groups staying longer than two months, units with kitchens will be prioritized if available. There are limited dining options on campus. 

Southampton Housing Options

Next Steps for Conference Clients

For ALL conference groups, we encourage you to review the “Items to Consider When Hosting a Residential Conference Housing Worksheet.“

For any NEW conference groups, you must fill out the “Items to Consider When Hosting a Residential Conference Housing Worksheet“ worksheet and submit it so we can evaluate your readiness to host a residential conference.

Items to Consider When Hosting a Residential Conference

Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)

All conference clients staying with Conference Housing must have a completed West Campus Memorandum of Understanding and if applicable, the Youth Policy Appendix, or Southampton Campus Adult Memorandum of Understanding to confirm your stay.

West Campus MOU Template

West Campus Youth Appendix

Summer Student Sponsored Housing MOU

Southampton MOU Template

Revocable Permit

All external conference clients must have a revocable permit filed prior to room registration. For more information about revocable permits please visit the Office of Administration website below.

Office of Administration Permit Form

Conference Housing  or University Events and Conferences staff will assist conference clients in the process for securing a revocable permit.

Youth Conference Group Information

If hosting a youth conference group, the client will need to include: A summary of the methods used to complete a background check (including a felony and sexual offender registry check) of all of the client’s staff on site staff or any participants over 18 that will have interactions with minors.

External clients hosting a youth conference group may need to obtain a Suffolk County Children’s Camp Permit. Please visit the NYS Requirements for Children's Camps page linked below for more information.

NYS Requirements for Children's Camp