Campus Residences Second Year Living Community
What is Campus Residences 2YLC?
Campus Residences Second Year Living Community is a pilot program started in Fall 2018 on one floor of Lauterbur Hall. Within this community, participants will have the opportunity to develop relationships by engaging in workshops and events and reflecting on experiences pertaining to a specific area of interest.
We are seeking 55-65 residents who will be starting their second year of college that want to live in our Second Year Living Community (2YLC).
- Opportunity to develop relationships by engaging in workshops and events pertaining to a specific areas of interest such as gaining internships, career exploration, resume building, study skills, mentorship, and connecting to the campus community.
- Reflecting monthly on their experience as a second year student, their relationships, and the events that took place.
- Aspects of the events, reflections, and campus resource promotions will be catered to those selected to be in the community.
This opportunity will allow for students to explore their identity, expand their network, gain academic benefits and support and there will be expectations to remain within the community. Research shows that second years who participate in this type of environment perform better in academics, wellness, and relationship building.
For current first years interested in participating in the 2020-2021 community, information sessions will be held at the following times:
- February 3rd, 8pm, in Langmuir Main Lounge
- February 5th, 8pm, in Whitman Main Lounge
- February 6th, 8pm, in Sanger Classroom
- February 10th, 8pm in Lauterbur Classroom
Have questions about 2YLC? email the Kelly Quad Office at KellyQuadOffice@stonybrook.edu. Indicate "2YLC inquire" in the subject line.
Applications are due February 21st, 2020 at 11:59pm.