- Almost all Educational Leadership textbooks are available as e-textbooks through a low-cost subscription through Pearsons. Read more information on the digital library >
- The Stony Brook University Librarians have curated a special Educational Leadership Library Guide for EDL students that includes information on searching SBU's 60,000 databases, formatting citations and how to receive live help.
- Dr. Markson has made some short videos that explain the research process, including Finding Peer-Reviewed Scholarly Journal Articles, Dissecting Journal Articles, and Using Dissertations to Produce Research Questions. In addition, he has created videos that cover specific steps of the process students should use to create their EDL 595 paper. Watch Videos >
Workshops, Licensing & Examination Preparation Assistance
- SBL & SDL Examination Preparation Videos — 8-video series developed and presented by EDL faculty
- SDL/SBL Exam Preparation Course — Four-hour test prep class offered by exam reviewers
- Certification and Licensing Workshops — Required and recommended workshops
- TEACH Application Information — Step-by-step instructions for filing for your certificate
- Phi Delta Kappa - PDK is the preeminent professional organization for K-12 educators; SBU's PDK Chapter offers several programs per year, including an annual event that highlights administrative job search strategies.
- School Leadership 2.0 - Social media site for administrators with comprehensive job listings. (requires paid membership for full access)