SPD's Mission Statement
- To provide high quality, research-based graduate programs at the master's and post-master's level that foster the application of "theory to practice" and provide students with a deeper understanding of current issues in their disciplines.
- To continuously experiment in developing new programs, new delivery formats including asynchronous, synchronous and hybrid education, and new instructional models that enhance educational quality for all students at the University, in the tri-state area and internationally.
- To serve as a source of expertise for the campus and community concerning K-12 education, distance education and professional development.
- To revitalize the area’s workforce through education that helps stimulate business growth and strengthen its economic well-being.
- To enable all members of the University community to increase their academic and professional knowledge as a way of constantly improving the University and its activities.