Senior Auditing Program
Adults who are 60 years of age or older may audit most New York State-funded, credit-bearing courses offered at Stony Brook during the Fall and Spring terms, on a space available basis and subject to permission of instructor. A list of eligible courses will be made available on the day of Senior Auditing registration. Classes that are not available for auditing include:
- foreign language and English literature courses, including programs at Southampton;
- laboratory courses, studio art courses, online courses, physical education courses, and instrumental music courses;
- Health Sciences Center courses;
- courses offered in self-supporting non-credit programs sponsored by the School of Professional Development, Crafts Center, Museum of Long Island Natural Sciences, and Division of Physical Education and Athletics, among others.
Please note that Senior Auditors are not eligible to:
- Stony Brook University parking lot hang-tags
- obtain campus email accounts
- use online library services
Senior Auditing Fees Policy
There is a $50.00 registration fee (per course). This registration fee provides:
- attendance in one course, without credit, formal recognition, or the meeting of any of the course requirements (subject to permission of instructor);
- Campus ID Card usage; and
- library circulation privileges.
How To Register
To register, you must attend a Senior Auditing registration session, which is held in the Social & Behavioral Sciences Building on the Wednesday after the start of the semester, from 10 am to 2 pm ( view the academic calendar for the exact date). Auditors must be present at this session to be eligible to take classes; registration forms cannot be submitted before or after this date. At the registration session, participants will receive documentation to submit to faculty for permission to audit.
If you have any questions, please contact the School of Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 631-632-7050.