Before you park on campus, please remember that unless you are a visitor to the University,
your vehicle must be registered and properly display a valid parking permit that has
been issued by Parking Services. Full Parking Rules and Regulations can be viewed here.
There are a variety of paved parking lots and garages available for use at Stony Brook
University. View the Parking Map, and click on your affiliation with SBU below to
view enforcement hours and other impoartant information.
Lots are generally unrestricted and available for anyone to park from 4pm to 7am,
Monday-Friday, and at all times Saturday & Sunday unless otherwise noted. Check for
signs at parking lot entrances for restrictions.
AREAS ENFORCED 24/7
Please note that the following lots/parking spaces are restricted and enforced at
1. ADA accessible parking spaces
2. Any lot marked as "Restricted 24 Hour Parking" which includes:
- Faculty/Staff lot located next to the Computer Center
- Faculty/Staff lot located next to the Math/Physics building
- Faculty/Staff lot located on Lake Drive
- Faculty/Staff lot located next to the Student Health Center
- Faculty/Staff lot located next to the Automotive Repair Facility
3. Life Sciences 1, Life Sciences 2, and Simons Center Zones
4. All three parking garages (HSC, Hospital and Administration)
5. Any non-garage or non-metered spot. A valid permit is required in any parking space
that is not within a parking garage or a metered lot.
WINTER SESSION PARKING
Commuter Students: During the winter session, commuter students may park in the following lots. Vehicles
must display a valid parking permit, either a Commuter Premium or Commuter Standard
Lots: 2, 3, 5, 6, 40, as well as resident student zones 1 through 5
Resident Students: Resident students must continue to park in their assigned zones.
Winter session parking begins the day after Fall semester ends, and ends the day before
the Spring semester.