Career Communities are groups of people with similar interests, goals, experiences
and/or knowledge. Our eight Career Communities focus on interests and industry sectors
rather than academic majors.
Benefits of Career Communities
- Career coaching appointments in a drop-in or pre-scheduled format.
- Weekly emails with handpicked jobs, internships, and events pertaining to career interests.
- Increased connections with employers, alumni, and other students with common interests.
How to Subscribe to a Career Community
- Log in to Handshake with your Stony Brook Net ID and password.
- On the top right-hand corner of that screen, select your initials or profile picture:
once the drop down menu appears select ‘Career Interests.’
- Tell us about yourself and we will recommend the events, career tools, and jobs that
match. Select ‘save career interests’ to complete the process.