Post a Job or Internship
Benefits of Using Handshake
The Stony Brook University Career Center uses Handshake as its premier job posting and recruiting system. It provides many benefits for employers in regards to saving time and money, including:
- One account that has access to over 1,400 colleges/universities with over six million students. Employers can post positions across dozens of schools with no additional charge.
- Being able to manage all campus recruiting needs with one system – career fair registrations, requests for on-campus interviewing dates, and information sessions.
- Employers can filter applicants and directly message students through the system.
How to Use Handshake
- Visit Handshake and select "Sign up here."
- Select "Employer" when asked about type of account.
- Wait for email confirmation. (This will take about ten minutes.)
- After reading through the introduction page, continue to the "Connect with Schools" page and request Stony Brook University.
- Complete user account settings by selecting "Join Company" if your company already has an account on Handshake. If not, follow the instructions for creating a company profile and posting a job/internship.