Residential Conduct and Community Standards
- The Office of Residential Conduct and Community Standards was established in 2005 to serve the needs of a growing residential population at Stony Brook University.
- In coordination with the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards, this office is focused on holding students responsible to the Campus Residences’ Terms of Occupancy in addition to the Code of Student Responsibility.
- The mission of the Office of Residential Conduct and Community Standards is to support the University's educational goals by promoting a just, safe, orderly, civil, and positive residential climate for learning, both inside and outside the classroom, through behavioral standards, conduct processes, training, and intervention efforts.
- All conduct affairs that occur within the residential footprint fall under Residential Conduct and Community Standards office.
The Conduct Process
The conduct process is integral in upholding the policies and procedures for the University. It ensures due process for our students and provides the opportunity to discuss and further investigate the alleged violations.
- Respondents are any University student or resident who is charged with an alleged violation of the Code of Student Responsibility and/or the Campus Residences’ Terms of Occupancy.
- Student Conduct Meeting Notice are emailed to respondents Stony Brook email address.
- The Student Conduct Meeting is the opportunity for all respondents to review the incident and provide any further information for the incident. The conduct officer will consider all statements and information provided for the incident to make an impartial decision.
- Certain decisions will warrant sanctions to be issued, to serve as educational interventions for our students. Residential Conduct and Community Standards strives to promote student success while upholding the rules and regulations of the university.
Students found responsible for offenses under the Code of Student Responsibility or Campus Residences Terms of Occupancy should review the Code of Student Responsibility or contact their conduct officer.
Office Number: (631)-632-4693
Office of Residential Conduct and Community Standards
Suite D133 Between O’Neill and Irving Residence Halls
Next to the Mendelsohn Community Office
100 Circle Road
Stony Brook, NY 11790