Spring 2022 Closing Information
The Undergraduate Residence Halls close on May18, 2022, at 4PM.
Current Graduate Housing Agreements end on May 31, 2022, at Noon.
24-Hour Quiet Hours begin on May 6, 2022, at 4PM and end on Friday May 20, 2022, at 9PM.
- During final exam periods, nightly quiet hours policies are expanded to cover the entire exam period.
- While 24-hour quiet hours are in effect, residents are expected to ensure that they are not producing sound that can be heard beyond their room as students are studying and may be completing term assignments or taking exams virtually.
- While 24-hour quiet exist during the final exam period, that does not mean that normal sounds associated with move-out (ie. vacuums, carts rolling, etc.) and general day-to-day activities (ie. lawn mowing, vacuuming, etc.) will not occur.
- Students who violate any housing policy may be directed to vacate their spring assignment prior to other residents during the final exam period.
During the final exam period, students may not host guests in the Residence Halls or Apartments. Guests are only allowed to assist with a student moving out.
Residents are able to have guests assist them with moving out of the residence halls. students must ensure that any guests assisting with move-out abide by the COVID-19 expectations for guests outlined in the current guest policy.
Prior to completing your checkout, please ensure you do the following:
- Speak to your roommates/suitemates regarding when everyone will leave, and determine who will be responsible to ensure your room/suite is in the same condition it was when you moved in.
- Remove all personal property from your bedroom and suite common spaces.
- Reset furniture to its original layout.
- Sweep/vacuum your room, wipe down surfaces, and remove all trash.
- Large trash items should be brought directly to the dumpster outside of the building.
- Leave your closet and dresser/pedestal doors open so that staff can quickly confirm all property is removed and complete your checkout quickly.
- Close and lock your windows.
- Leave your curtains open.
- If applicable, set your thermostat to 70 degrees fahrenheit.
- If you have a bicycle, please take it home with you. Any bicycles left over the summer (including bicycles chained up and secured outside) may be cut and removed.
- Do a walkthrough and ensure that you have removed all property from your assigned bedroom (check closets, drawers, etc.), common areas, and suite/apartment bathroom.
- Remove any lanyards/keychains that your key may be on.
- Close and lock your bedroom and suite/apartment door.
When checking out, one's room should be reset to its original condition. If there is any damage in your room, you should enter a work order in FixIt and discuss the damage with your building's Residence Hall Director (RHD) or your area office.
Damage billing is determined by your building's RHD during final building inspections. While a Resident Assistant (RA) will assist you during checkout to ensure that your space is clear of personal belongings and secured, RAs do not determine damage billing. Any questions about damage or damage billing need to be discussed with your building's RHD directly.
If you have any questions related to closing, please contact your building's RHD or your Community's Area Office. Contact information for your Area's staff can be found on our Residential Community Contact Page.