Skip Navigation

Page Title

Replace this text with your page content: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

While Abroad

Learn, make friends, enjoy, and stay in touch
  • Confirm Local Address Abroad
    Indicate your local address abroad in SBUAbroad . This applies for partner university programs, and is especially important for health and safety reasons.
  • Housing Upon Return
    SBU students who intend to live on campus upon their return to SBU must apply for housing to confirm a housing assignment upon return. The IAP Office will share the list of students with campus housing. The SBU housing office will contact students directly. Students must follow their instructions and complete the process by their assigned deadline. The same housing assignment is not guaranteed. It is important that students check their Stony Brook emails.
  • Registration for the Next Term
    Students participating in semester or academic year programs should be mindful of the registration process for their return semester.  Registration assignments are done based on academic standing and appointment dates will be sent to students directly. 
  • Final Learning Agreement Form
    Students accepted to a partner university program should submit the Learning Agreement Form, completed with signatures ideally prior to program departure. If the IAP Office does not obtain a complete form, credits will be processed as a general transfer credit or as how the course has been previously evaluated by the university. The form may be updated at any point. Use the existing form to indicate updates, obtain the new course evaluations/approvals from the appropriate department. The updated final version must be uploaded to SBUAbroad . This will be used to process the courses to the student's academic record upon receipt of the partner university transcript.
  • Stay Connected
    Students must stay connected with SBU during their time abroad. The IAP office as well as other offices on campus such as Campus Residence, Student Accounts, and others will send communication via email or SOLAR. Students are expected to review these platforms periodically and may be required to respond by deadlines prescribed by those offices.
  • Check in With Us
    Share your stories and pictures with us via social media!