An AGEP Alliance Model to Advance Underrepresented Minority STEM Faculty at Predominately Undergraduate Institutions
The AGEP PUI Alliance brings together Stony Brook University, Farmingdale State College, Suffolk County Community College and Brookhaven National Laboratory to develop and implement a model of training and support for URM STEM PhD candidates with an interest in a PUI faculty career. Participants in the program will benefit from the following activities.
- Near-Peer & Alumni Mentoring Support
- Professional Development Training
- Pedagogy Training & Mentored Micro-Teaching Experiences
- Career Development and Placement Assistance
- Opportunities to Mentor Undergraduate Students
- Conference Travel Funding Support
In addition, participants in the program will follow one of two paths.
- Path 1: PhD 🡪 Faculty Position at PUI
- Path 2: PhD 🡪 Postdoctoral Training 🡪 Faculty Position at PUI
After graduation, participants will receive ongoing mentoring, career development support and placement assistance through their postdoctoral training (if applicable) and first 3 years of their faculty appointment.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Nos. 1821083, 1821005 & 1820997. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed on this website are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation