The Difference You Make 2022 Awards and Recognition Ceremony
may 11, 2022
We held our annual awards event, recognizing this year's retirees from the College,
as well as recipients of the Godfrey Excellence in Teaching Awards, John Toll Endowed Award for Excellence in Teaching, Staff Excellence Awards, and graduating seniors from the Dean's 2021-22 Student Advisory Council.
We honored the following faculty and staff retirees:
Godfrey Excellence in Teaching Awards/john S. Toll Endowed award for teaching excellence
Students from across the College were invited to nominate faculty for the Godfrey Excellence in Teaching Award, named in honor of our longtime colleague, the late Aaron (Bill) Godfrey, whose 52-year career at Stony Brook impacted the lives of so many students. A student panel selected our 2022 recipients, one in each of five disciplines, from nearly 100 nominations.
The John S. Toll Endowed Award for Teaching Excellence at Stony Brook University is presented to a faculty member based on their exceptional teaching and passion for their field of study, as well as for the mentorship of students. Recipients are selected by the Dean’s Student Advisory Council among current and previous years’ recipients of the Godfrey Excellence in Teaching Awards.
- Michael AirolaGodfrey Excellence in Teaching - Life SciencesDepartment of Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- Erika HonischGodfrey Excellence in Teaching - Fine ArtsDepartment of Music
- Nancy HiemstraGodfrey Excellence in Teaching - HumanitiesDepartment of Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Harsh BhasinGodfrey Excellence in Teaching - Social SciencesDepartment of Political Science
- Jin KodaGodfrey Excellence in Teaching - Physical Sciences and John S. Toll Endowed Award for Teaching ExcellenceDepartment of Physics and Astronomy
Staff Excellence Awards
Our staff are an integral part of the College, providing expert administrative support to our departments and centers, support to our students, and furthering our creative and scholarly missions. These individuals are recognized for the excellence demonstrated at their positions and the lengths they go to in order to support their departments.
- Soraya ZabihiDirector of Research and Assessment College of Arts and Sciences - Office of the Dean
- Paula Di Pasquale-AlvarezDirector of Curriculum College of Arts and Sciences - Office of the Dean
- Norma ReyesAssistant to the ChairDepartment of Chemistry
Dean's Student Advisory Council 2022 Graduates
Noor Imran '22 Philosophy
Ahmad Syed '22
Alice Mo '22
Anthony Machuca '22
Psychology, Sociology and Health Sciences
Maheen Siddiqui '22
Zarya Shaikh '22
Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies