A Shared Vision for the College of Arts and Sciences
The College has developed a Navigational Guide to 2030 with plans for education, research and mentorship based on constellations of strength within the College. This guide anticipates the challenges of the next decade and boldly charts the way forward to a convergent, innovative, and sustainable future.
Our Grand Challenge Areas - Global Processes, Connections and Flows; the Digital Revolution and Beyond; and Scholarly Creativity and Explorations - are constellations of intellectual strength with impacts and synergies across the University that are inspiring future development of our research and education for the next decade.
As you navigate the pages of this website, you’ll find more information on these constellations and progress we are making.
|View our timeline||Navigating to 2030||March 2021 Update|
Global Processes, Connections & Flows
- Global Migration of People and Ideas
- Global Health and Disparities
- Global Inequalities and Power
- Global Environment/Energy and Natural Resources
Digital Revolution & Beyond
- Advancing Research Frontiers with Platform for Data (Information) Science
- Social Implications of the Digital Revolution/DI Hybrid
Scholarly Creativity & Exploration
- STEAM: Education and Communication and Creative Expression
- Cross-Cutting Disciplines: Mind, Brain Body, From Biology to Culture
- Cross-Cutting Disciplines: Origins and Explorations of the Universe and Planetary Systems
- Cross-Cutting Disciplines: Evolution and Transformation
Update on the College of Arts and Sciences