Dean's Student Advisory Council
Members of the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Dean’s Student Advisory Council
(DSAC) represent some of the College’s most successful and involved student leaders.
Working closely with the CAS Office of the Dean’s office, the Council discusses college-specific
concerns, provides feedback, and works on special projects to enhance the educational
experience for all CAS students. The council is composed of a diverse group of students
representing the broad range of majors in CAS. Monthly meetings allow these representatives
to address current issues on campus and to offer a student perspective on University
goals, policies and services.
Serving as ambassadors to the Dean, members of the DSAC assist with admissions-related webinars and in person events, including the College's Admitted Students Day each spring.
The DSAC is also pivotal in the selection process of recipients of the annual Godfrey Excellence in Teaching Awards. This includes assisting with the promotion of the award nomination process; reviewing faculty nominations; and selecting award recipients. Members also honor award recipients at the annual Difference You Make Awards and Recognition celebration each spring.
Meet the 2023-24 members:
- Leena AlzafaraniBiology and Psychology Junior
- Miranda ArgyrosEnglish and Psychology BASenior
- Maximillian BolkhovskyPsychology with a concentration in BiologyJunior
- Laci BurtonEnglishJunior
- Zoë Elyse BussewitzPoltical ScienceJunior
- Daniel Canavin BiologySenior
- Aima ChaudhryPsychology BS and Health Science; minor in Health, Medicine, and Society Junior
- Ujala DarBiology and Globalization Studies and International Relations; minor in Health, Medicine, and Society Senior
- Sophia GoodkinPsychology BASophomore
- Sarah Hassan Economics and Applied Math/Statistics; minor in ChemistrySenior
- Matthew JacobBusiness Management and Economics; minors in Globalization Studies and International Relations, Political Science and Sustainability StudiesJunior
- Swaneet JhaBiologyJunior
- Peter JoyceHistory and Political ScienceJunior
- Kristina MlynarovaGlobalization Studies and International Relations, minor in History Senior
- Alexia O'KeefeBiologySophomore
- Madiha QuadriBiologySophomore
- Salowa SiddiqueChemistrySenior
- Gabriella SimpsonWomen's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies PhD Candidate
- Heshwin SinghBiology and Psychology double majorJunior
- Dominic StanzHuman Evolutionary Biology and Economics double majorJunior