Skip Navigation

Graduate Student Employee Health Plan (Optional)

Who is Eligible?

Teaching Assistants (TA), Graduate Assistants (GA), Research Project Assistants (RPA) and their dependents. Go to the Human Resources website for eligibility requirements.

There are only two opportunities to enroll in the health insurance plan:

  • Within 30 days of your appointment date (deductions will be taken retroactively to cover you from the first day of employment).
  • During the annual open enrollment period in August of each year.

Please note: Late enrollments will be subjected to a 30 day waiting period from the date the enrollment form is received in the Student Health Insurance Office.

Enrollment Application

Please go to the Human Resources office in the Administration Building or call (631) 632-6180 for more information — OR — fill out the online form (Form PS-404G).

To process your health insurance enrollment application you must submit a copy of the following items for yourself and each person you wish to cover. Your enrollment application will not be processed if the following items are not attached (copies will not be made in our office):

  • Birth Certificate or Passport
  • Social Security Card
  • Marriage Certificate

Please go to the Human Resources website for details on health insurance coverage.

Frequently Asked Questions