Job Opportunities at Southampton
Listed below are job opportunities that are often available on the Southampton campus. Most will be part time and should mesh with class schedules. If interested, contact the job coordinator to request additional information.
Marine Station: Wet Lab Student Assistant
Description: SoMAS is looking for student assistants who would like to gain knowledge of the workings of a seawater wet lab. Students should be responsible, flexible in their availability and not afraid to get dirty.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Marine Station’s wet lab
- Assist in the set-up/break down of lab classes
- Provide support to research activities if necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the lab manager
- Students must be enrolled in the marine science program at SoMAS.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Learn the skills needed to maintain seawater systems used in marine research.
Job Coordinator: Chris Paparo, Marine Station Director, email@example.com
Marine Station: Crew on research & teaching vessels
Responsible for passenger safety, gear, and clean up at the end of the trip. Most job opportunities take place Monday - Friday from 0830 - 1300.
Job Coordinator: Captain Brian Gagliardi, Southampton Vessel Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Southampton Student Life: Several Student Assistant Positions
Job Coordinator: varies, click link above for more information.
Conferences & Special Events
Hours include some nights and weekends, occasional gym coverage, oversight of details for different conferences, lectures and events.
Job Coordinator: Laura Lyons, Conference & Events Coordinator, email@example.com