Productivity Enhancement Program (PEP) for M/C
The Productivity Enhancement Program (PEP) allows eligible SUNY M/C 13 employees to exchange previously accrued annual leave (vacation) in return for a credit to be applied toward the employee share of NYSHIP premiums on a bi-weekly basis.
During calendar year 2013, full-time MC employees earning up to $59,312 who enroll in the program will forfeit a total of either 3 days or 6 days of annual leave standing to their credit at the time of enrollment. Additionally, full-time MC employees earning more than $59,312 and up to $77,454 who enroll in the program will forfeit a total of either 2.25 days or 4.5 days of annual leave standing to their credit at the time of enrollment. In return for this leave forfeiture, participants will receive a PEP credit of up to either $500 ($19.23 bi-weekly) or $1000 ($38.46 bi-weekly), respective to the amount of leave forfeited. Part-time employees whose annual salary rates do not exceed $77,454 may participate on a pro-rated basis if otherwise eligible.
This credit will be applied towards the bi-weekly health insurance premium and will be reflected in the paychecks issued from January 2, 2013 through December 18, 2013.
To be eligible to enroll you must:
- Be a Management Confidential (M/C 13) employee
- Paid on a Calendar Year (Annual) or College Year basis
- Full-time employees annual salary rate up to $59,312 and not greater than $77,454
- Part-time employees annual salary rate must not exceed $77,454
- Have a minimum balance of 8.00 annual days for full-time employees at time of enrollment (prorated for part-time employees).
- Must be currently enrolled in NYSHIP and be eligible for employer share contributions (or be on LWOP from a position in which they are normally eligible for employer share contribution toward NYSHIP premiums). If employee & spouse both work for the State - if enrolled as individuals, both may receive PEP credit. If enrolled as family, only the one employee will receive credit.
The enrollment period for the 2013 PEP program is October 22, 2012 through November 30, 2012.. Eligible employees may elect to participate in the Productivity Enhancement Program by completing the enrollment form and submitting it by November 30, 2012 to:
Human Resource Services
Administration Building - Room 390
Zip - 0751
Attention: Louann Hondropulos
The complete description of the program is available on the civil service website. If you require additional information regarding the program, please contact Lorraine Berry at (631) 632-6189.