State Classified Recording Attendance
It is very important to maintain a good attendance record. Employees are expected to report to work when scheduled and to be on time. The campus attaches considerable importance to reliable attendance and it is a significant factor in probation, promotion decisions and daily operation.
The work week for state employees begins on Thursdays and ends at close of business the following Wednesday.
Classified time sheets are due in Human Resource Services by the Monday following payday. Failure to submit time sheets in a timely manner may affect the distribution of an employee's paycheck on subsequent payday.
- Employees record, on a daily basis the accurate hours worked, including arrival and departure times, both at the beginning and end of the work day and meal period.
- Must record all absences, indicating type of leave credits used on a "Biweekly Attendance and Leave Accrual Report" (SUSB128).
- May not leave his/her job without supervisor approval unless a health/safety issue exists.
- Can use/charge accruals in increments as little as 15 minutes.
- Can accrue leave credits for the pay period only when in a paid status (i.e. working/charging accruals) for 7 out of 10 days each biweekly pay period.
- Accruals are posted at the end of the pay period.
- Must forward signed time sheets to their supervisor for review and certification.
Falsification of an employee's attendance or time record constitutes a very serious violation and is a basis for administrative action.