Additional Sick Leave (Presidential Leave)
- Additional Sick Leave is discretionary and requires the University President's approval.
- Sick leave accruals must be exhausted before being eligible for Additional Sick leave.
- Additional Sick Leave may be granted by the President at full pay, partial pay or without pay.
Applying for Additional Sick Leave
- You must provide a written request that includes all pertinent information, plus medical documentation, to your Supervisor/Department Head/ Chair or Dean.
- Your department must forward your written request and medical documentation, plus your Supervisor's and *Vice President's recommendation approving leave (at full, partial or without pay) or denial of leave to Human Resource Services (HRS).
- HRS will review the documentation, and forward the request to the President for final decision.
- You will receive written confirmation from the President on the status of your leave.
* VP recommendation not needed for hospital employees.