Temporary Staffing State Funds Guidelines
The following process applies to ALL requests for Temporary Agency Staffing.
- Step One: Generating the Requisition Paperwork
- Department determines need and completes the Temporary Agency Staffing Request Form detailing the following:
- Job duties (noting word processing or other skills and requirements), dates (not to exceed four months), hours, location, contact person's name and telephone number, account number.
- Only an individual with signatory authority for the billed account may authorize by signing the form. The Department will send the request to the appropriate VP Coordinator.
- Step Two: VP Coordinator Review
- Review the request and forward it to Recruiting & Employment Services (Recruiting). Requests may be faxed to (631) 632-2338 or mailed to Human Resource Services at 390 Administration Building, Z=0751.
- Step Three: Human Resource Services Recruiting Section
- Recruiting will place the order with the appropriate Temporary Staffing Agency based on our normal process. If the first agency contacted is not able to staff our needs within 24 hours, Recruiting will contact the next vendor. Once a temp has been identified the Agency will contact Recruiting. Recruiting will contact the department with the information, with a copy to the VP Coordinator/Dean's Office.
- Recruiting will remind the Staffing Agency that the temp will be asked to produce a Photo ID and that this will be copied for our records.
- The Agency may be referred to Valarie Adamec in Parking Services at (631) 632-6328 or to Recruiting at (631) 632-1129 OR (631) 632-1757 regarding parking questions. Departments are not responsible for paying for temporary staff parking.
- Step Four: Photo ID
- On the first day of the assignment, the department makes a copy of the Photo ID (Driver's License) and sends that copy to Recruiting at 390 Administration Building, Z=0751. (Be sure to indicate your department). Please do not fax a copy of the Photo ID, the quality is poor. Departments should note that if the Agency replaces a temp with another temp during the assignment, a copy of the new temp's ID must be sent to Human Resource Services.
- Step Five: University ID Badge
- All Temporary Agency Staff will receive a University ID Badge. The department will send the Agency Temp to the Campus ID Card Office (West or East Campus locations) to obtain the badge. Agency Temps will receive an Affiliate ID Badge. Agency Temps are required to have and wear a University ID Badge in accordance with the appropriate policy. HRS will enter the temp's information into PeopleSoft as soon as the Agency informs Recruiting about the assignment at the University.
- The University ID Badge is the property of Stony Brook University and must be returned upon an assignment ending. Departments are responsible for collecting and forwarding the ID Badge to Recruiting.
Where it is anticipated that a temp will be needed for more than two months, the request must have a recruiting plan attached.