Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- What is the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)?
- This act provides for minimum wages, overtime pay, recordkeeping, and child labor standards.
- What do the terms Non-exempt and Exempt mean?
- Non-exempt – Non-exempt positions are overtime eligible.
- Exempt – Exempt positions are not overtime eligible.
- How is a position's FLSA designation determined?
- The Classification & Compensation unit reviews the position description and determines the correct designation based upon the FLSA guidelines.