Our providers at the Student Health and Counseling Center provide an array of services for the most common sexual and reproductive health needs, including sexually transmitted infections (STI) testing, gynecological services and screenings, transgender health services and others.
Appointments are required. If you walk-in without an appointment we cannot guarantee that you will be seen at that time, but we will work with you to schedule our next available appointment.
We provides the following services:
- Complete gynecologic exams
- Prescription Plan B consultation
- Breast exams
- STD screening/testing and treatment for female patients
- Pap smears
- Contraceptive methods
- Menopausal issues
- Premenstrual Syndrome issues
- Screening for hyperlipidemia, thyroid disorders and other conditions in females
- Patient education related to achieving a wellness lifestyle nutrition, and sexuality issues
- Diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract infections
- Depo-Provera injections
- Pregnancy Testing and Counseling
Visit Yearly For:
- Gynecological wellness check
- Including a pap smear every three years after the age 21
- STI Screening
Visit Immediately For:
- Emergency contraceptives (Plan B)
- Any unexplained pain, bleeding, bumps or sores
- STI screening after sex with a new partner or after potential exposure to STIs
Always consult your healthcare provider about your individual needs, risk factors
and health history.
- For contraception, please call Student Health Services and schedule an appointment. The Nurse Practitioner will review all available contraception options with you and discuss what experiences you have had using any past products.
- A pelvic physical exam is NOT necessary to obtain contraception; however, an initial consultation with the nurse practitioner to check your vitals signs, such as heart rate and blood pressure, is required to determine suitability from a medical perspective.
- The morning after pill (Plan B) does not require a visit with our Nurse Practitioner; however an appointment can be requested.
- Plan B is available and can be purchased at the Student Health Services pharmacy for $20 (generic brand).
- In our pharmacy, we now have available home pregnancy tests . These are available for $5 for anyone
who wants one to take home.
If you are concerned about an actual pregnancy and are seeking options, please know that Student Health Services can offer you a referral to CAPS to speak to a therapist regarding any stress-related concerns. We can partner a counselor with a medical professional during a visit if you are seeking emotional support.
Additionally our care managers can refer you to Planned Parenthood for abortion options if that is what the student is seeking. We can also facilitate transportation. Abortion is not offered through Student Health Services. You can also have referrals to the Student Accessibility Support Center (SASC) or the Office of Equity and Access (OEA) as appropriate for any ADA accommodations.
Please be aware that our on-campus residential housing has options for families, and referrals can be made upon a student’s request.