Our providers at the Student Health and Counseling Center provide an array of services for the most common sexual and reproductive health needs, including sexually transmitted infections (STI) testing, gynecological services and screenings, transgender health services and others.
Appointments are required. If you walk-in without an appointment we cannot guarantee that you will be seen
at that time, but we will work with you to schedule our next available appointment.
We provide the following services:
- Complete gynecologic exams
- Prescription Plan B consultation
- Breast exams
- STD screening/testing and treatment for female patients
- Pap smears
- Contraceptive methods
- Menopausal issues
- Premenstrual Syndrome issues
- Screening for hyperlipidemia, thyroid disorders and other conditions in females
- Patient education related to achieving a wellness lifestyle nutrition, and sexuality issues
- Diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract infections
- Depo-Provera injections
- Pregnancy Testing and Counseling
Visit Yearly For:
- Gynecological wellness check
- Including a pap smear every three years after the age of 21
- STI Screening
Visit Immediately For:
- Emergency contraceptives (Plan B)
- Any unexplained pain, bleeding, bumps or sores
- STI screening after sex with a new partner or after potential exposure to STIs
Always consult your healthcare provider about your individual needs, risk factors
and health history.
- Please contact Student Health Services (SHS) to schedule an appointment for contraception. A provider will review all available contraceptive options with you and inquire about your past experiences with contraceptive products.
- Contraception does NOT require a pelvic physical exam; however, an initial consultation with a provider is required to assess your medical history, and vital signs, to determine medical appropriateness.
- Plan B One-Step is an emergency contraceptive, also known as “the morning after pill” and should not be used in routine contraceptive use. It does not require a visit with our medical provider; however, an appointment can be requested. Plan B is available and can be purchased at the SHS pharmacy for $20 (generic brand).
- In our pharmacy, we now have available home pregnancy tests available for free.
Our providers can offer students with information and referrals to providers who have the ability to prescribe abortion medication such as mifepristone or misoprostol. Additionally, we can facilitate transportation to these providers. SHS does not offer medical abortions.
Please be aware that if you are feeling any pregnancy-related concerns and looking for options, SHS can refer you to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) to speak with a clinician about any stress-related concerns. During your visit, we can match you with a counselor and a medical professional if you require emotional support.
Please note that our on-campus housing has options for families and students can receive referrals upon request. For care during your pregnancy, SHS can offer you referrals to a local provider.