Applications for the Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 internship cycle are now closed!
Please check back in October for information about the Spring 2023 - Fall 2023 internship cycle.
LGBTQ* Services Internships
12 hours per week, up to 3 Credits per semester, 2 semesters
LGBTQ* Services is a service area within the Division of Student Affairs. It consists of a team of students and professional staff dedicated to creating and maintaining an affirming and inclusive campus environment for LGBTQ* students in virtual and/or in-person spaces.
We are seeking undergraduate students who are passionate about supporting LGBTQ* communities at Stony Brook University through education, advocacy and community building. This internship will give you the opportunity to gain experience with:
The LGBTQ* Services Team
Description: The LGBTQ* Services Team is a group of students who work closely with professional staff and who are dedicated to creating and maintaining an affirming and inclusive campus environment for LGBTQ* students. The LGBTQ* Services Team aims to achieve this through educational, social, and advocacy-based opportunities including the development of resources, programs, events, tabling, and outreach initiatives.
The LGBTQ* Outreach Programming Responsibilities:
- Create a welcoming and affirming environment for guests of the LGBTQ* Center through daily hosting activities.
- Educate Stony Brook LGBTQ* communities and general audiences about topics relevant to LGBTQ* folks.
- Plan small and large scale programming on campus to serve the Stony Brook LGBTQ* communities through traditions, collaborations, and original programming.
- Identify, understand, and educate about student safety, health, and wellness needs.
- Represent LGBTQ* Services at various campus programs and events.
- Provide customer service and engage with guests to build community and foster meaningful conversation and growth amongst guests.
- Assist LGBTQ* students in getting connected with other campus resources.