CAPS is Virtual
To mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and safeguard the health of our students and staff, we are following health guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for limiting in-person contact while still providing support for students.
In March 2020, CAPS moved to a telecounseling format. Counseling and support for urgent situations continue to be offered to students as described below:
- Telecounseling will be delivered through the Zoom platform whenever possible, but may be alternately provided by phone if a student prefers (or in concern for limited technology available to a student).
- Students who are seeking to initiate services can call 631-632-6720 between the hours of 9am-5pm or use the Wolfie Health Portal (formerly Medicat), our online self-scheduler, to make an appointment for a telecounseling initial consultation.
- Services continue to be available to students with urgent situations. CAPS After Hours is available 24/7.
- For emergency assistance call 911, or your local hospital, or see the Emergencies page for other resources.
- CAPS will continue to provide group therapy services and workshops through an online platform. Click here to learn more.