How To Send Your Unofficial and Official Transcripts
If you are applying to the University for a graduate degree or certificate program, you must submit your official transcript indicating your degree conferral and GPA. However, we will evaluate your application based on your unofficial transcript until those official transcripts are received.
Here's what you need to know and do to make sure we receive your transcripts for evaluation.
Unofficial Transcript Instructions
- Do a Google search for "Order a transcript from (enter your college/university name)" or go to your previous college's website and use the search function to find instructions on obtaining an unofficial transcript. This is usually found on the Registrar's website.
- Download and save a PDF copy of the unofficial transcript. Open the PDF and then go to File > Print. Instead of printing it out, select "Save as PDF" as an option in the Print Dialog box. We need every page, not just the top page that indicates the degree was awarded.
- Upload the PDF copy into the application portal.
Official Transcript Instructions
- Go to your previous college's website and use the search function to find instructions on obtaining an official transcript. Follow the instructions provided to have your institution electronically submit your transcript to the School of Professional Development (SPD).
- Look for the fillable field to "email another individual or school address" and enter "email@example.com." Do not send it to any other address.
- If your previous institution does not send transcripts electronically, please contact us.
Things NOT To Do
- Don't take a picture of your unofficial transcript.
- Don't send a screenshot of your unofficial transcript.
- Don't send it to any other email address other than firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not use an auto-filled "Stony Brook University" or "Stony Brook Admissions" email address.
- Don't send the transcript to yourself. We must receive it directly from the college.