Challenge Exams allow students to place into a language class and/or to meet Stony Brook's SBC: LANG for languages for which an FLPE exam is not offered. Challenge Exams also allow students to challenge select language courses for credit, and to earn the corresponding SBCs, depending on eligibility.
Chinese Challenge Exam
If eligible, students can challenge the following courses:
- CHI 112 (4 credits, LANG)
- CHI 211 (3 credits, LANG, GLO)
- CHI 212 (3 credits, GLO, HUM, LANG)
- CHI 311 (3 credits LANG, HFA+)
- CHI 312 (3 credits HFA+, SPK, LANG)
Use this questionnaire to determine your eligibility and if eligible, to register for the exam.