NY-CAPS Fellowship periods are funded for up to 3 years, and start on or after May 1. Each Scholar Cohort is selected from applications submitted by the published Winter deadline. Active recruitment and publication of the deadline take place in the Autumn.
- Potential Scholar
- Inquiries Welcomed
- Active Recruiting of Scholar Candidates
- Application Deadline Published
- Application Deadline
- Candidate Review
- Candidate Interviews
- Fellowship Offers
Starting May 1
- New Scholars begin NY-CAPS program
- Fellowship extends up to 3 years
We welcome inquiries for the NY-CAPS Scholar Cohort entering May 2020 for the fellowship period of May 1, 2020, through April 30, 2023. Please feel free to contact us now!
For details of the application process, see How to Apply.
- PhD, MD, DDS or comparable doctoral degree
- U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Resident Status
- No more than 2 years since the date of doctoral degree
Women and individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, as well as individuals with disabilities, are always encouraged to apply
Salary and Benefits
NY-CAPS Postdoctoral Scholars receive a salary and annual increases in accordance with NIH guidelines. As Stony Brook University employees of the Research Foundation for SUNY, NY-CAPS Scholars are eligible for medical, retirement and other benefits. For more details, please visit the SBU Human Resources website's Research Foundation Employees section.