SHALINI DEVI GUJAVARTY SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship was established by Dr. Krishnareddy Gujavarty, a psychiatrist who came to the United States from Andhra Pradesh, India. Dr. Gujavarty has had a long and successful career in psychiatry has been an instrumental member of the Mattoo Center for India Studies' executive committee since its founding.
Dr. Krishnareddy Gujavarty Scholarship will provide support for undergraduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences. Students who are eligible to apply for and receive the $5,000 scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Be from a home in which the Telugu language was spoken
- Be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate in the College of Arts and Sciences, as defined by Stony Brook policy.
- Demonstrate high academic achievement with preference given to an incoming freshman with a minimum HS GPA of 90. When awarding to a Continuing or Transfer student, preference will be given to those with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by a current FAFSA application, reviewed and confirmed by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.
- Students participating in New York State’s Excelsior Scholarship are not eligible for tuition support. For students participating in New York State’s Excelsior Scholarship, the Dr. Krishnareddy Gujavarty Scholarship is solely and exclusively for non-tuition expenses as determined by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.
Please see our Scholarship page for information on the next application cycle, starting May 2021.