- Asset Tags
- Ownership Tags
- P-CARD Purchases
Purchases with Visa/Amex cards will be assigned an appropriate asset tag or ownership
based on the acquisition cost of the item(s). It is the department's responsibility
purchasing any qualifying items to report and provide documentation to Property Control.
The following information must be sent to the PC: receipt of purchase, Budget #, Building,
Room, Phone, and Contact Person. Departments are to contact the Property Control Office
(631) 632-6306 to or email Property_Control@stonybrook.edu.
- Fixed Asset/Physical Inventories
Fixed Asset/Physical Inventories
This is the Fixed Asset area of Property Control which deals with equipment having
a threshold of $5,000 and above. These piecesof equipment are inspected biennially. All equipment purchased with the proper budget
category and with the correct cost threshold is issued an asset number. These numbers
represent a tracking system for Property Control, as well as a tracking system for
the various auditors when reviewing our equipment inventory for the campus. All assets
issued can be tracked through the RAM System.
Inventories are created from the purchase made and are recorded to a parent account
for each department. Many departments have more than one account available for purchases.
We will use the "main" account for your equipment inventory. We have found it easier
to track these items through one general account rather than several. The exceptions
for that rule are Stony Brook University Hospital as well as the Long Island Veterans
Home. These are recorded by account of payment.
Locations and destinations of equipment are essential pieces ofdocumentation. To better serve the campus community we need your assistance with
properly documenting the physical location.
- Property Control must be notified, via a transfer form PROC0067 Report of Surplus and/or Transfer of Personal Property, of any equipment that is relocated by a department. This is required so that the
system can be properly updated with the new or temporary location of the equipment.
- For all RF sponsored equipment being permanently relocated to a site off campus, out
of state, or out of the country, OGM approval is required and PC notified via Report of Surplus and/or Transfer of Personal Property Form.
- Ownership of all State assets CANNOT be transferred to any entity, other than NYS.
PC\ must be notified via Report of Surplus and/or Transfer of Personal Property Form.
- All foreign shipments, for any equipment, must have the approval of the Export Control
Department. Contact 631-632-1954