Skip Navigation

Accessible Parking

Members of the campus community should register their vehicles with Transportation and Parking.

State Accessible Parking Permits available through county offices can be used on campus for the marked accesible parking spaces.

SASC issues temporary accessible parking permits to students on a short-term basis (4-weeks) to those who have medical documentation of disability (hospital release forms or other documentation). These temporary disabilities must seriously restrict mobility and the ability to use the campus bus service or the Para-transit system. To request a permit, please contact SASC with your documentation, Student ID Number, and license plate number. You can contact SASC at 631-632-6748 or

Faculty, staff, and guests at Stony Brook University should contact the Office of Equity and Access if they require a temporary parking permit. 

People needing a permit for periods longer than four weeks should contact their local town office.

Permits are for the sole use of the individual named on the permit or for transporting the named individual; it may only be used at the parking location at which the named individual is working or visiting. For information on where to park, see the Where to Park page from Stony Brook Transportation Services.