Emergencies and Inclement Weather
Stony Brook University is dedicated to the health and safety of all members of the campus community. In the event of a fire or other emergencies, people with disabilities may require individualized assistance. Students in need of assistance during emergencies can take a few steps to help ensure their needs are met.
- Register with SASC for housing accommodations. Even if you do not need accommodations on a day-to-day basis, SASC can help you coordinate your needs with Environmental Health and Safety, Campus Residences, and other university departments.
- If necessary, let SASC know that you need an adaptive fire alarm system installed in your dorm space.
- Review your housing accommodations with SASC each year when you register for your housing.
- Review and be aware of evacuation procedures from Environmental Health and Safety.
- If you need immediate emergency assistance while on campus, call 631-632-3333 to reach University Police (333 from a campus phone). They will direct the appropriate authorities to your location to assist you.
- If you need accessibility related assistance due to snow or other inclement weather, contact your Residence Hall Office or call 631-632-3333 to reach University Police (333 from a campus phone). They will direct the appropriate authorities to your location to assist you.