Skip Navigation

Placement Assessments

Students who need to take a Placement Assessment should schedule their exams through the Office of New Student Programs. Students can contact to determine if they need to take Placement Assessment.

Students who need testing accommodations for a placement exam should register with SASC before scheduling their exam. Once students have provided documentation, they will meet with a SASC Accessibility Counselor who can help them coordinate accommodations for the placement exams.

Students using accommodations for the Chemistry PlacementWriting Placement, and Foreign Language Placement Assessments will take the exams through the associated departments. 

Accommodations for the Math Placement Assessment are provided in the SASC Testing Center in the SBU Union.  A SASC counselor can help schedule this appointment during the intake appointment.

If you have questions about accommodations, please contact or 631-632-6748.